Friday, December 11, 2009

Why does my face get dry when i use moisturizer and why do my lips get dry when i use chapstick?

Whenever I use moisturizer, my face gets really dry...like dryer than when I first used it. I've tried olay, eucerin, and clinique...all with similar results. I've tried both oil free and with oil, as well as both spf and non-spf. Isn't moisturizer supposed to replenish moisture to make your face less dry? What can I use to cure this? Also, I'm assuming this is very similar, whenever I use chapstick (i've tried burts bees and chapstick brands, mentholated and non) my lips get really dry and even more chapped...for example, if i use it when my lips are barely chapped, they get very chapped within the week...i'm not sure why. Any help is very much appreciated!Why does my face get dry when i use moisturizer and why do my lips get dry when i use chapstick?
Same happens to me.


All I can say is, it seems as though the skin forgets how to take care of itself.


Kind of like the way that all these germ-avoiding parents have children with much weaker immune systems, because the bodies don't have to fight as many illnesses?


Yeah, well, the skin that never has to heal itself, gets lazy.


Just my best guess.


I didn't use moisturizer till i turned 28. I was fine without- now I can't go one day or my face will feel way too tight and I'll put little creases in my skin with just one smile.Why does my face get dry when i use moisturizer and why do my lips get dry when i use chapstick?
I lived in Alaska for a couple of years and I had very dry skin on my face/lips. I used oil of olay on my face at night and it took care of my dry skin. I don't use chapstick because it's like using a candle on my lips. I go to a herb store and use there lip products. Or I use Blistex Silk and shine. I would try it.
use Vaseline (like the petroleum jelly)


on your face...or the dry areas. also on your


lips...it works GREAT.





if moisturizer isn't working...it may be a dietary


problem. make sure you drink at LEAST 8


glasses of water each day. i promise, your skin


will feel and look so much better





good luck =)
Don't use those. I use vasaline on my lips and dry areas on my face. It works!
If they use petroluim bases in their compounds these will actually pull moisture from your skin. Especially the lip products. Athough I do have to say that I suffered from dry lips and patches of dry skin on cheeks for years. I found out that I was anemic. So after taking an iron supplement and chromium to improve glucose levels and help iron reach the skin I now don't need to wear anything on my lips and I just use my mary kay skin care and I love it... I am no longer told ';stop picking your lip'; by my big sister.........anyway thats all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites