Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can anyone give me the name of a lip balm that really works to ';cure'; chaped lips? Chapstick isn't working.

I have a serious case (for me, anyway) of chaped lips (red and hurt). I've tried chapstick (medicated and moisturizing) and it's not helping to clear up the problem. I'd be greatful for any suggestions.





Thanks very much.Can anyone give me the name of a lip balm that really works to ';cure'; chaped lips? Chapstick isn't working.
DCT It can be purchased at any drug store. It is absolutely amazing! Your lips will be cured w/in a day or2 .


Good luck! Try it!Can anyone give me the name of a lip balm that really works to ';cure'; chaped lips? Chapstick isn't working.
Carmex is the best I've found. After a day your lips feel so much better and are already healing.
I love Bonnie Bell's Lip Smackers. It's not thick %26amp; waxy like Chapstick. And an added bonus, it's not tested on animals.
I have the same problem so I know what it's like and the lip stuff that I've found that works really well is C.O. Bigelow at Bath %26amp; Body Works. The balm is infused with menthol so it soothes and heals (as stupid as it may sound). Also, if you want something cshiny, they have glosses and colored glosses so you can heal your lips all the time. I do agree that drinking water helps a lot, as does getting all your vitamins.
vaseline, aloe vera
blistex moisture splash as well as burt's bees both work great!
it's called ';Bepathalem';. It's very good for your case.
Stay away from anything with petroleum products in it. Chapstick, carmex, vaseline, etc. Read the label. Petroleum actually dries out the skin and there is nothing natural about putting petro products on the skin. ugh





Find a lip balm with natural ingredients- beeswax, almond oil, olive oil, and essential oils, etc. The difference is these ingredients will cure.


Burt's Bees is a good start or do an online search for natural lip balm. There are a lot of cottage industry businesses out there making wonderful skin care products- soap, lotions, balms.


Or check your local health store.
Yo baby daddy com wood work
The ';cure'; for chapped lips isn't chapstick - it comes from the inside. You are probably dificient in Essential Fatty Acids. These are your Omega 3, 6 and 9 as well as flaxseed oil or fish oil. I would suggest a supplement, as you have a serious case. I use a supplement called EFA Plus from Youngevity. You can find it here: http://members.youngevity.com/users/well鈥?/a>





Drinking water often will also help to moisten your lips from the inside.





Hope this helps!
I feel for you. I have the same problem every winter. I find that having a jar of petroleum jelly handy at home is helpful. I always apply it whenever my lips are feeling dry and always before bed. Chapstick has always dried my lips. Carmex helps initially but has an addictive factor to it. Some lipsticks especially do a number on me in the winter as well. Burt's Bees is very good and has come out with an extended line . I see it at CVS and Walgreens.
I've always called Chapstick, Chap-wax it plain doesn't work.





They have some really good ones at the healthfood stores that don't just create a barrier over the lip, but have oils that penetrate into the skin. Burt's bees is a good one.
Extra virgin olive oil works like a charm.
Chapstick just doesn't work. period. I have very dry skin. The only thing I have found is Carmex. The little pot is best for


';curing';, and the stick is great for every day.
I use a brand called Soft Lips it works really great. It feels really silky on the lips as opposed to the thick clumpy feeling you get from chapstick. In the health care section it is with the other chapsticks. It is in a single pack (usually) and the tube is long and skinny. It is a bit pricey compared to chapstick (1.20-1.50 it might even be closer to two dollars but its been awhile since I had to buy a tube. One lasts about 3 months for me) but it works really well and I love it to pieces. The second you put it on you'll feel it working.





I have been using it for the past six years as I always get chap lips and it is the best that I have used
Carmex
there are two i would recommend.....blistex for easy and quick treatments, and carmax for more serious treatments...
Blistex Lip Infusion Moisture Splash! It is so soothing! Has a metallic ball roller for application.


http://www.blistex.com/Lip%20Infusion.ht鈥?/a>





Another good one is soft slips, the kind that comes in a small tube is most effective.
I would try Burt's Bees. The stuff works wonders. If not the doctor does have medication that will work for this problem. My brother used it for a couple years and it helped him a great deal. The name escapes me at the moment. I'll check when I get home and try to find this question again!
Lypsyl works great for me!
Try Carmex, it is thicker and has healing properties. Also, if you don't drink enough water, it can contribute to your lips being chapped. People should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and this keeps your body hydrated. Sometimes chapped lips can be caused by dehydration which means you need more fluids. Hope this works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites