Friday, December 11, 2009

I use Neosporin ointment instead of lipbalm when my lips are really chapped and it works. Is this dangerous?

nurse 2b will find out that you should rarely use it. because it is an antibiotic, and as with any antibiotic you should limit your use!!! you will develop an immunity to it ,and other antibiotics, which is a major problem these days!I use Neosporin ointment instead of lipbalm when my lips are really chapped and it works. Is this dangerous?
its fine, my dog (8lbs) ate a whole LARGE tube of it, I called poison controll, they told me that really the worst thing that would happen is she would get diarea because the stuff its based in is a laxitive. She was totally fine, still trys to eat it, I cant leave a tube on my coffee table or she takes it. I assume that you would not use even close to that much on your lips in a year much less all at once. I use it on mine if they are really chapped too.I use Neosporin ointment instead of lipbalm when my lips are really chapped and it works. Is this dangerous?
The only thing dangerous about it would be eating it I suppose. But when you use neosporin on an open wound it goes straight into the blood stream and that's safe. So don't binge eat neosporin and i'd assume you'll be alright
Neosporin must not be ingested (must not get in your eyes or mouth). Stick with lipbalm.





Neosporin has a mild anti-biotic. Do not use it unnecessarily. Use lip balm.
Nope --you are fine---I swear by Neosporin %26amp; Hydrocortisone cream for everything!


You would have to ingest ALOT at one time to be poisoned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites