Friday, December 11, 2009

Where do I get color to add to my lipbalm that applys to the lips.?

Making lip balm is my new favorite hobby. However, I have added food coloring to my lip balm but even though it colors the lip balm the color doesn't attach to the lips. I have tried to add actual storebought lip balm to it but it is still a weak color.


In addition I add herbs to my lip balms so I am trying to make them as natural as possible. Any idea of a color I can add that will actually go onto the lips?Where do I get color to add to my lipbalm that applys to the lips.?
Kool-aid and pixisticks make flavored lip balms. That or using old lip liners, lipsticks or eyeshadows work really good. I have never used anything else. I tried the food coloring thing a couple weeks ago which looked horrible in my lips, lol. They also have sites where you can purchase the ingredients to make your own...I would search: homeade makeup ingredients or something to see what you find.Where do I get color to add to my lipbalm that applys to the lips.?
I added non-glittery, bright pink eyeshadow into mine, and I got a nice hint of colour.





You have to loosen the powder if its compact, so take a needle or a pin, and scrape away! Make sure you dont leave any clumps!
Some people mix old lipsticks with lip balm. This is done with a lip brush - best done if your lip balm is in a small round container.
You could add a piece of your favorite lip stick to add color.





Or, you could add some colored wax.





Making makeup is so fun. I love making lip gloss with my friends!





Good luck!
Powdered Kool-Aid works great and tastes yummy! I don't know how well it would mix with herbs but it is worth a try ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites