Friday, December 11, 2009

Continous cracked, hard, peeling lips. Lipbalm doesn't help and it's been like this for years! Any advise?

I started using lip balm and glosses etc when i was at school and ever since i've been using them my lips have been continuously extremely dry and tight. They kinda like scab (not blood just dead skin) and than it comes off, they get dry again and scab again and i'm now at university and this process has been going on for years now.





I feel really trapped. I've tried not using any thing on my lips for a month or two and that didn't help. I'm using this blistex one now that doesn't have petroleum in, but NOTHING work. I don't know what to do and i'm gonna feel like an idiot going to the doctors about ugly horrible lips.Continous cracked, hard, peeling lips. Lipbalm doesn't help and it's been like this for years! Any advise?
Hi There





Be sure to drink a lot of water ( I drink around a gallon a day and I use this product for any dry skin issues. Has worked well for me.





http://www.shopnewzealand.co.nz/en/cp/No鈥?/a>





Best of health to youContinous cracked, hard, peeling lips. Lipbalm doesn't help and it's been like this for years! Any advise?
I agree with others about seeing a dermatologist. I'm not clear on what's going on- are the lip products making them worse or just not helping?





If they're not helping (but not making it worse) I'd suggest putting a lot on before you go to bed so it sinks in well overnight.
well tht is the best option....if it wud hav been normal dry lips...lip balm wud hav wrkd...


contact a doc for better advice..
This is something that dermatologists deal with all the time. Go see one. You probably have allergies to cosmetic products and are making your problem worse by using the ';wrong'; thing for your lips. There is no need to suffer with this when a doctor can help - and it's not about ';ugly'; lips, it's about a real condition that can be treated.
I know it sounds weird but obviously its getting to be a bad problem. go to your doctor and speak to them. Believe me its probably not the weirdest thing they've heard.
I would consult a dermatologist. You may have a type of excema, and it may be made worse by these sorts of products. I can't wear any eye shadows that have a purple color at all, b/c my eyelids get very dry patches that peel.


If it is an allergy problem, a dermatologist should be able to help you get to the root of the problem.





Also notice if you are licking your lips a lot or if you bite on them slightly while concetrating, etc. A friend, after starting college was constantly having trouble with a sore tongue. She's an artist. It turns out that she was twisting and contorting her tongue and holding it an contorted position with her teeth while drawing and painting.





Strange, but true.





Just thought I'd put my two cents in or a penny or fraction of.


I do hope you can get to the bottom of this problem very soon. It sounds uncomfortable. Take care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites