Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I get cold sores from an allergic reaction to lip glosses, lipsticks, chapstick; herpes?

I was wondering if that meant I had herpes. It's the only time I get cold sores, when I put anything like the above on my mouth. Too much salt will do it, too.





If it is not herpes, is it still possible that I could spread it through Oral sex?


(Meaning can my partner get the oral 'virus'.)I get cold sores from an allergic reaction to lip glosses, lipsticks, chapstick; herpes?
it could be that you have HSV (herpes). the reaction to the stuff you are putting on your lips can be causing stress. one of the things DR's think causes outbreaks. it really comes down to, if they really are cold sores, or just a rash on your lips. all cold sores are HSV (type 1)





so if it is truly HSV then yes you can spread it with oral. type 1 or 2 is a strand of HSV, not always the location. so just because it is genital,.. doesn't mean you can't get it in your mouth.I get cold sores from an allergic reaction to lip glosses, lipsticks, chapstick; herpes?
go to the doctor nd get tested to make sure. it might just be cold sore but most of the time cold sores are a form of herpes. if it is, maybe some of the ingredients are triggering an outbreak.


if its not herpes then you wont be able to pass it on through oral sex. but if it is herpes there is a strong possablility that u can pass is on because thats how i got genital herpes.
talk to your gyn. always use a condom.
Cold sore ARE herpes. Different things can agrivate the virus, such as lip chap, or for me macadamia nuts.





Yes you can give it via oral sex. Use a dam and make sure to never have oral sex when you are having a cold sore.
No, if you are sure it's an ingredient in lip products then that doesn't mean it's herpes. If it's not herpes, then no you wouldn't be able to spread an allergy. But go to the doc to find out for sure on the cold sores. Better safe than sorry, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites