Saturday, June 26, 2010

How long does it take to wean your lips from using chapstick?

I recently discovered that my lips are addicted to chapstick and will no longer produce their own moisture. So I decided to quit using chapstick cold turkey so that my lips will start producing their own moisture again. It's been 2 weeks now and my lips are still cracking and peeling and in a little bit of discomfort. Has anyone gone through this as well? Should I keep this up, or should I cave in and put some chapstick on? Oh, and also, I've been putting a little bit of Vaseline on before I go to bed at night. Thanks!How long does it take to wean your lips from using chapstick?
Try using burts bees wax lip stuff or blistex spa effects they have a different natural feel that isn't as pore cloging as chapstick. so you might not be as dependant on them and then you can ween off of it fasterHow long does it take to wean your lips from using chapstick?
Use some olive oil
I've gone through it! Your welcome.
Im just like that. I must have chapstick with me at all times and i use it at least 4 times a day. i dont really know what to do. I suppose using it like 3 times a day for a week. and then 2 times a day for a week. and then 1 time a day for a week and then once every other day for a week. and slowly start using it less and less. Thats my best advice. I really dont know because i plan to continue using chapstick forever and ever ... lol
Quit and get vitamin e cream.
I totally feel your pain. I've been there, and I used to apply them every 4 hours. But now I am only still using chapstick before bed. Try not to lick your lips with your saliva or have spicy food. Try to cut it down slowly, not all at once.
your cheating. so i guess if your trying to quit smoking, you get up and have a ';midnight smoke'; that makes it ok. nope didn't think so. ij agms sjoi dgrjuqnpk
I have never heard of this!!! I use Chapstick or a variant there of ALL the time!!! My guess would be to wean yourself off of it instead of going cold turkey- rarely is cold turkey the best way to break yourself of any habit.
If you really want to get ';off'; chapstick you should just grease it with a little moisture cream. But only when it begins to crack again. To avoid getting addicted to moisture cream. This undertaking shouldn't take too long. The body adapts pretty quickly. I wish you the best of luck.
My dad stopped in 3 days, but we live in Colorado, so it's really dry all the time. Good Luck with your endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites