Saturday, June 26, 2010

How can I stop NEEDING chapstick, lip balm, etc.?

Does anyone else have this problem? What did you do to fix it?





Whether I use a lip balm or not, my lips get horribly chapped. Sometimes it seems like the lip balm is working, other times it seems like it's actually causing my lips to be chapped. It's gotten so bad that I keep a jar of vaseline on my computer desk, and periodically through the week I have to scrub the dead skin off my lips to get any relief. I have days were my lips feel great, but most days they feel awful. People that my husband works with on base have even commented on how dry my lips seem. It's driving my crazy. I've used some sort of chapstick since about 6th grade, and I'm now 24 and I have no idea how to stop needing it. I've tried to drink more water, but I'm not sure if I've seen results from that. Has anyone tried vitamin e capsules? Do they work, or do they just start another addiction? Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?





Sorry for rambling on, but I'm at such a loss for what to do....How can I stop NEEDING chapstick, lip balm, etc.?
use shea butter or palm oil. look up ';alaffia';. they have good products. that will actually moisturize your lips. most oils can only sit on top of the skin. palm oil and shea butter will penetrate and moisturize the skin. you can get that product at whole foods. do not use anything with peppermint oil or methyl- since this dries out your lips. and avoid weird sounding ingredients in general, in addition to petrolatum/ lanolin/ mineral oil.How can I stop NEEDING chapstick, lip balm, etc.?
drnk plenty of water and have you tried vaseline. it is really good for chapped lips and dry skin. the iventor used to burn and cut his self and he would use vasaline to treat it and he would be left scar free. if it can do that i am sure it can un-chap your lips.
lots and lots of water. people say using Kiehl's #1 lip balm helps lots too. don't think you can get addicted o vitamins. it is good to add that to your diet though
Take a daily vitamin.


Drink lots of water.


Pray.
what about vaseline or lipgloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites