Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Perfect Lip balm/ Chapstick?

Every day I wake up, the second I smile... my lips go crackkk. And i'm stuck with split lips for the day.





I'm a self confessed lip balm addict. I've tried all the regular balms such as, chapstick, blistex, carmex, burts bees, softlips etc.





But none of them are quite right, i'm looking for something with the texture of burts bees, but not the annoying tinglyness.





Has anyone tried Burts Bees Honey Lipbalm? Is that still as tingly? Is it worth a go?





Any suggestions appreciated!The Perfect Lip balm/ Chapstick?
Eight Hour Creme by Elizabeth Arden - apply a thick layer on your lips before you go to sleep - it works wonders!The Perfect Lip balm/ Chapstick?
I don't like the lip balms with menthol. I prefer ';Lizard Lips'; - beeswax and cocoa butter are the main ingredients, and it even tastes pretty good :)
use vasaline protroleum jelly .. that works better and it can be unscented and flavorless
Burt's Bees is awesome!!


so is Carmex
The lip balm i like the best i haven't been able to find in a long long time it was called Lip Flavors it was by Sweet Breath. If you can find it let me know. Lately I found Lip Vitamins lip balm i got it at Walmart it was on one of the end of the isles. Anything with bees wax is usually great.





Drink alot of water but give it a few days if you drink alot of water one day it isn't going to show in your lips and skin for a few days.





Also in the winter houses tend to get very dry and can have a major effect on your skin and lips. Get a humidifier and run it at night in your bedroom.


Lip Balm and chapstick are only a temporary fix, being well hydrated will fix the root of the problem.





I hope this helps
Nivea makes a lip balm now. It doesn't tingle and I find that it works just as well as something like Blistex Lip Medex.


Also try vaseline... a ton of people I know recommend that over anything else.
I don't like Burts Bees still, it smells weird and yup it does tingle!!





I like any lip balm from Bath and Body Works. There is a really good one called ';Einstein Lip Theory';, i really recomend it and it costs around $3.50.





Another one I like from B+BW is from their Spa range, and it is Shea butter. It costs around $4.00 and its superb.





I hope this solves your problem. If it gets bad, go to the Pharmacy at CVS, and they will rec. something
You cant go wrong with Vaseline, its cheap and works wonders for your lips, you can also use it at night on your eyelashes (a bit) it keeps them conditioned.
You should try exfoliating your lips with a soft-bristle toothbrush or damp washcloth before applying lipbalm.





My favorite lipgbalms are Philosphy Kiss Me and Smith's Rosebud Salve but I don't think those are really the texture you're looking for!
Petroleum jelly works really well. And if you have a little extra to spend a product from the Signature A Club on the Home Shopping Network works really really well for me. It's called Full, Fuller, Fullest single dose lip plumpers. It is to be applied especially at night. It doesn't plump as much as it just feels wonderful. I really love it!
I have to agree w/several other people who've answered this question...vaseline petroleum jelly before bed works really well. I also like Burt's Bees and Rosebud Salve but although they're more appealing, Vaseline seems to work better. Plus, it's dirt cheap!
I use medicated Blistex it works well for me....I've heard of people putting on Vicks Vapor Rub on extremely cracked lips as well.....The object is to apply it several times a day and right before you go to bed.....If these suggestions don't work, you might want to see a Doctor.
burts bees lipbalm is good also u can prepare that in home itself.





Apply butter to ur lips, u will get soft and glow lips forever
Mary Kay Satin Lips
The Mary Kay Satin Lips set will take care of the problem! You just use the Lip Mask two or three times a week to exfoliate the dead skin cells off your lips and then use the Lip Balm for sure after using the Lip Mask, and then as much as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites